Otahuna Lodge $1,024
Otahuna is an elegant, opulent lodge set on the coronary heart of a rolling country estate. With commanding views of its landscaped gardens and much past to the encompassing plains, the views take you to the foot of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. We’ve been creating fabulous luxurious ski holidays in the Alps and North America since 1986.
- Twenty-eight major works have been specifically commissioned for the Lodge including works by properly-known artists corresponding to Peter Beadle, Anna Caselberg and Craig Primrose.
- Opulent dinners happen communally in Otahuna Lodge’s dining room surrounded by original wallpaper, crackling hearth and flickering candles and accompanied by the very best wines from the lodge wine cellar.
- A place where guests receive the warmest welcome and indulge wholeheartedly in the sense of occasion presented by lavish surroundings.
- Each suite rolls into one other when it comes to distinctive decor and views.
- Historic Victorian mansion, located on a small hill with views of the gardens – Suite with views across the Canterbury Plains.
Wide vistas over lawn and lake distinction beautifully with intimate walks which wind through heavily wooded areas. Sign up to obtain updates, exclusive offers and to handle your wishlist. Each of Otahuna’s seven suites have been designed and styled with rest and comfort in thoughts. Enhanced by luxurious materials, designer furnishings and lavish bathrooms, each suite has its personal charm and is positioned within a singular space of the unique homestead. Otahuna organises cooking lessons to enable guests to study first hand the techniques of the chef and croquet, petanque, tennis, biking and woodland walks are all activities on website. Nearby, horse using, fly fishing and golf may be organized as can wine excursions within the Waipara district, visits to the harbour town of Akaroa, Christchurch and even a heli-flight over the Southern Alps.
Add a pool, a tennis courtroom, fantastic food and wine, and a staff for whom nothing is too much bother and the result’s one painful departure. Each lodging at the 5-star hotel has backyard views, and friends can get pleasure from entry to a sizzling tub. The constructing and gardens are stunning, our suite luxurious and the entire eating experience distinctive.
Similarly, the Veranda Suite epitomises a ‘room with a view’ with a huge veranda with cane furniture scary robust photographs of times previous. Otahuna Lodge, a Relais & Chateaux property, presents seven exceptional suites set inside an 1895 New Zealand homestead surrounded by 30 acres of its own century-old botanic gardens. The two master suites and 5 suites retain grand architectural features from the 19th century, such as 15 working fireplaces, carved inglenooks and stained glass windows. Otahuna Lodge, a Relais & Chateaux property, presents 7 distinctive suites set inside New Zealand’s most essential historic residence.